NPS Schools of Choice Information
The Newaygo County Schools of Choice application window is closed.
After June 1, 2017, "out of district" students may apply to attend NPS by obtaining a Superintendent Release.
Choose one (A, B, or C) of the scenarios below. Follow the instructions for that scenario.
A. My resident (home) district is not Newaygo. I am a resident of a Newaygo County School district (Big Jackson, Fremont, Grant, Hesperia, White Cloud) and I DO NOT currently attend NPS.
1. Download and print Superintendent Release Form here 2017 2018 Student Release Form
2. Fill out the entire form and take it to the home district first.
This form must be signed by the resident district Superintendent first. The parent then needs to make an appointment to meet with the NPS building principal prior to the Superintendent Release form being approved by the NPS Superintendent.
The Section105C Application window is still open. This window closes on August 31, 2017.
B. My resident (home) district is not Newaygo. I am a resident of a district not in Newaygo County (for example, Morley Stanwood, Tri-County) and I DO NOT currently attend NPS.
1. Download and print application here Schools of Choice Application 2017-2018
2. Fill out the entire form and check "Section 105C Application" box at the top.
3. Return the application to the Newaygo Public Schools Superintendent's Office.
C. My resident (home) district is not Newaygo. I am a resident of a district not in Newaygo County (for example, Morley Stanwood, Tri-County) and I ALREADY attend NPS and have a Schools of Choice application on file.
1. Students who already are in NPS under Schools of Choice and have an application on file do not need to reapply.
The Newaygo County Schools of Choice Program closes each year on June 1, however details can be found here:
Students in the Newaygo County Choice Program are not guaranteed acceptance at their choice school, even if the resident district releases him or her.
A school district may refuse to enroll an applicant who has been suspended within the preceding two years or who has ever been expelled.